Jetzt zum Newsletter "Packendes" anmelden!
Diese Angaben sind zur Anmeldung zum Newsletter "Packendes" notwendig.
Klingele’s company history is a success story with three main features: our people, their ideas and their commitment.
The story began when the company was founded in 1920 and is still unfolding with every apprentice or new employee who joins us. For more than 90 years now, our name has stood for comprehensive expertise in the fields of corrugated board, paper and corrugated packaging.
Alfred Klingele and his brother-in-law Emil Holfelder began production of corrugated board at their plant, Badische Wellpapierfabrik Klingele & Holfelder, in Wiesloch near Heidelberg on 21 April 1920.
A second production plant, later to become the Klingele Group’s headquarters, was built in Grunbach near Stuttgart in 1936.
Following the death of the founder, Alfred Klingele, his son, Dr. Werner Klingele, took over the management of the company.
In 1952, the two founding families, Klingele und Holfelder, decided to end their partnership. Grunbach became the headquarters of the Klingele Group and the Holfelder family retained ownership of the Wiesloch plant.
In 1961, Klingele acquired a paper mill in Weener marking the beginning of the family-owned company’s interest in paper manufacturing. In the same year, Klingele triggered its expansion in Spain with the acquisition of a major share in a local company.
Dr. Brigitte Klingele became a director and the company’s presence spanned the whole of Germany.
The Weener paper mill started production on a new paper machine, giving Klingele’s technology a decisive competitive edge in the corrugated board base paper market.
Following the death of Dr. Werner Klingele, overall responsibility passes to his son, Dr. Jan Klingele.
Klingele embarked upon the biggest programme of expansion the company had ever seen. In subsequent years, around 400 million euros were invested in new machinery, technology and processes.
Klingele opened a refuse-derived fuel (RDF) power plant known as "Weener Energie" at the Weener paper mill.
Foundation of Blue Paper SAS, as a joint venture of Klingele and VPK Packaging. Conversion of the paper mill for magazine paper into a mill for corrugated board papers.